ATX Community

computer for a satellite office

I am trying to set up a kiosk in a Super Market store for tax preparation. What type of computer system should I have there. Should I put a desk top or a lap top and should I get a computer with the minimum or recommended setting to use in a satellite office?

This is first time I am setting up a kiosk so I have no idea how to go about doing it.

Thanks for your help.

Naveen Mohan

I run two satelite offices (the are not in malls, but in small offices), and we use a laptop. I want to be able to take all my records and the computer off site any time I am not there. Security.

I have a pretty powerful laptop, and we keep all the files updated on each machine after each day. I never thought about networking them, but I guess it could be done, but we don't do it.

The biggest challenge is to make sure you have access to all the data and files you need. We try to work by appointment only in the satellite offices, but you never know when someone is going to "drop in for just a second to get this knocked out". When you don't have thier physical file on hand, it can sometimes be challenging.

If you have any specific questions, just ask.

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 1