ATX Community

Sometimes I hate taxes....especially when I have to do it 2X

BulldogTom

So I did my W2's for my day job. Spent most of the day Saturday getting all my reports printed, 941, 940, CA DE9 and DE9C as well as my NV tax payroll tax returns done. Printed all the W2s. Everything ticked and tied. Uploaded to the SSA BSO site. Damn, I was good and it was done for the year by January 4th. Time to start working on clients files.

Until the damn insurance company sent that letter that says they paid 3rd party sick pay to one of the employees. Dang it, dang it, dang it.....

Now I have to put out a corrected W2 and re do my 941, 940 and NV SUI and MBT returns as well as make another deposit for the employer FICA. Sometimes I feel like the windshield, sometimes I feel like the bug. Today I feel like I went splat!

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 4

We hold all for the same reasons. This is the reasons many companies wait till the end of January to issue W-2s. I know people scream that they want them on Jan. 2, but with the current delays that the IRS has put in place, we should be asking people...."What's the rush?"

We do not mail any W-3s, 1096s, 940s or 941s. Electronic filing is the only way to go.