ATX Community

NT - toner sources?

Catherine

Just ordered supposedly Brother original toner from someone called "InkyToner" through Amazon, at a completely reasonable price. However, 123inkjets has "compatible" toner for even less.

Anyone have experience with either of these folks? Another recommended vendor? Some years ago KC recommended LaserMonks and I used them until they folded. The resurrected company (yes, there is a slight religious joke there) is NOT actually monks (folks who bought the name) and from what I've seen of them I'm not at all sure I want to do business with them.

TIA,

Catherine

I have very good luck with Compatible cartridges from Cartridge Warehouse on Amazon. The price is amazing and the mileage is too. My low toner light has been on for over a month and I haven't even shaken it yet. I have stocked up for the coming assault.

• Like 1

I have a Brother Laserjet printer as well and I use http://fillserv.com/ and 123inkjets for their Generic toners that are less than half the genuine price. I think Fillserv is running a 15% discount and free shipping now.

I can not tell the difference in print quality between a genuine Brother and a Generic. I am printing tax return copies not brochures so I am going for the least expensive options.

There is a company from Las Vegas called Associated something that will cold call Tax Preparers and try to sell you a high capacity replacement for like $80. Beware. I got burnt last year and a friend of mine as well. It is the same generic toner but they charge a lot more.

• Like 1

While we are talking about computer supplies, I just saw an e-mail from Tigerdirect.com. They have on sale a 1TB USB drive for $64.

I think I am going to get it. Think of all the possibilities of putting all client files on it and then you can use it at a remote location and come back to your office and not have to sync it.

While we are talking about computer supplies, I just saw an e-mail from Tigerdirect.com. They have on sale a 1TB USB drive for $64.

I think I am going to get it. Think of all the possibilities of putting all client files on it and then you can use it at a remote location and come back to your office and not have to sync it.

Remember the Mass. laws and get some encryption on the drive...

I've used InkJetSuperstore.com and Buy.com (now Rakuten?, but Buy.com still redirects you). I bought 8 generic cartridges for my Canon at buy.com a year or 2 ago for $70 or $80. I did have issues with 1 of them, but for that price, I'm not complaining. (I still have 4 left - so even if none of those work, I'm still ahead.)

My default is probably inkjetsuperstore, but the other was just too good a price to pass up.

Kea, did you try to get them to give you a replacement for the defective toners?

I only had one situation where the toner was streaking. Called them up and they UPS'd a replacement right away with a label to send the defective toner back.

I away like to deal with a business that will replace defective products with minimum hassles. Sometimes it may not be the least expensive option.

I have used 123Inkjets with good success. They have been operating since 1998, so they are a stable supply source.

Rakuten — formerly Buy.com, is Japan's version of Amazon. It's had some security issues.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/665933/warning-to-everyone-do-not-purchase-anything-from-rakuten-com-buy-com

http://hbr.org/2013/11/rakutens-ceo-on-humanizing-e-commerce/ar/1

I've used InkJetSuperstore.com and Buy.com (now Rakuten?, but Buy.com still redirects you). I bought 8 generic cartridges for my Canon at buy.com a year or 2 ago for $70 or $80. I did have issues with 1 of them, but for that price, I'm not complaining. (I still have 4 left - so even if none of those work, I'm still ahead.)

My default is probably inkjetsuperstore, but the other was just too good a price to pass up.

Kudos to Inkjetsuperstore from me. Good prices and products. Never had a bad cartrige from them.

Tom

Hollister, CA